Report Sexual Misconduct/Harassment

Formal Complaints

To submit a formal complaint to the university, contact the Office of Civil Rights Compliance at 662-325-5839 or by email at

Report Online

To submit an online report of sexual misconduct directly to the Office of Civil Rights Compliance, please follow the link and provide the requested information. Online reporting is not advised for emergencies or situations that require an immediate response. In such cases, please contact the Office of Civil Rights Compliance directly or the MSU Police Department at 662-325-2121 or 911.

Confidential Assistance

If you are not ready to submit a formal complaint, you can contact the MSU Safe Line at 662-325-3333 to speak confidentially to a trained counselor anytime 24/7. You also can contact MSU’s Office of Survivor Support Services at 662-325-5795, to speak confidentially with an advocate. Other options for confidential assistance are available below.